hR[_1vuIu  
>"]t4]GVf  
T-oUcuQB  
stand you up 和起立无关 ]xV2= !J  
apxq] ! `  
U6nC <3f F  
7S_"h*Ud  
5Yk|  
Stand up与不同的介词搭配有很多截然不同的意思,to stand up with someone 的意思就是和某人跳舞。后来在婚姻领域,stand up展现了一副在临举行婚礼前被人抛弃,站在教堂祭坛的样子。自此之后, to stand someone up 便指对某人做出了浪漫的承诺,但最终却没有履行。  GXTjK!  
,/p .!+  
)q{e L$  
stand you up v~!_DD au  
L6=5]?B=  
=放你鸽子 d\ 7OtM  
` gor  
stand someone up w*Ze5j4@ \  
cn_KHz=  
指的是未与某人如约见面 RBeQT=B8~  
*ES"^N/88  
让人空等一场 >o"0QD  
?,Wm|xY  
也就是我们常说的放人鸽子! UPuG&A#VV  
TPKm>5g  
_(@ezX.p  
b]Lp_t  
:7qJ[k{g  
&xFs0R i(  
*U,W4>(B  
S }G3ha  
F B&l|#e  
0)|;uW  
@Gineva Kingsley: eGrxS;NY  
Xr|e%]!**  
h4>q~&Pd  
Y-"7R>^I  
You usually use stand someone up to talk about a situation where two people who don’t know each other very well just started becoming romantically involved with each other and one person agrees to go on a date with the other but purposely (or, more rarely, not purposely but knowingly) doesn’t show up for the date without telling that person they wouldn’t be there. I know this is kind of confusing, so let me just tell you a little story to make this less confusing: q+67Wc=  
a&n}pnEn)  
#|cr\\2*  
G'_5UP!  
你通常使用stand someone up这个短语表示两个本来不熟悉的人准备进入一段浪漫的关系,然后其中有人同意去约会,但故意(或者极少情况不是故意的)在没有告知对方的情况下没有去约会。我知道这有点让人迷惑,所以让我告诉你们一个小故事让它不那么迷惑: kqS_2[=]  
TGG-rA6@Lx  
Bp=BRl  
Y]}>he1/5  
Harry just met Sally. He thinks Sally is a very pretty girl, so he says, “Sally, will you go to the movies with me?” Sally nods yes. She is mute, but she is very pretty, and she very much wants to go to the movies with handsome Harry. They smile at each other. M ~6k[ew  
Ot!*,%sjQ  
&K,rNH'R  
+d8?=LX  
哈里刚认识萨莉。他认为萨莉是一个非常漂亮的女孩,于是他说:“萨莉,你愿意和我一起去看电影吗?萨莉点头是的。她是一个哑巴,但她很漂亮,她非常想和英俊的哈里一起去看电影。他们互相微笑。 JZrZDW>M  
 B}h8c  
J#k.!]r,Y  
S\11 8TpD  
Come Friday night, Harry is at the movie theater waiting for Sally (he didn’t pick her up because this is the kind of date where they were going to meet at the place). Sally heard a nasty, nasty thing about Harry from her friend Joe, who says that Harry is a rapist and is picking Sally to go on a date with him because if he rapes her she can’t scream for help, so Sally doesn’t want to go on the date. She doesn’t tell this to Harry, so she just doesn’t show up. ^ G>/;mZ  
=/^{Pn  
FPuF1@K  
j2!^iGS}  
星期五晚上,哈利在电影院等萨莉(他没有去接她,因为这是那种要约某个地方的约会)。萨莉从她的朋友乔那听到一个令人讨厌的事,说哈里是一个强奸犯,他之所以挑她去约会,是因为如果他强奸她,她不能尖叫呼救,所以萨莉不想去约会了。 1d~cR  
}zwHUf9q1  
MB(l*ju0  
9Or  
Sally is standing someone up. l:"zYcp%  
5sF?0P;ln  
萨莉放了某人的鸽子。 jE, oEt O;  
 .Aa(  
She is standing Harry up. _dw6 C2]P  
JiHk`e`  
萨莉放了哈利的鸽子。 eRwm>l"fVV  
^Ea^t.c}_  
Harry is being stood up by Sally. R)5zHCwOw