在线时间: 3512(时)
    注册时间: 2020-05-01
    最后登录: 2024-04-19
    楼主 发表于: 2021-01-15  

Tone deaf 五音不全,充耳不闻

管理提醒: 本帖被 陈小将 执行加亮操作(2021-01-15)
    内容简介 uV5uZ  
    MNu0t\`p4  
    表达 “tone deaf” 可以形容某人 “五音不全”,但在现代英语中,它还有另外一个用法。听菲菲和 Roy 的对话,学习如何用 “tone deaf” 来形容某人 “听不进去他人的话”。 q^aDZzx,z  
    文字稿 4qid+ [B  
    (关于台词的备注: 请注意这不是广播节目的逐字稿件。本文稿可能没有体现录制、编辑过程中对节目做出的改变。) $r!CQ 2S  
    Feifei M6g8+sio  
    大家好,欢迎收听 BBC英语教学的 “地道英语” 节目。我是冯菲菲。 &&&-P\3  
    Roy AQ'%}(#0  
    And I'm Roy! Hey, Feifei, do you fancy doing some karaoke tonight with me and Rob? ]DNPG"  
    Feifei X!]v4ma`  
    No, I do not. The last time we went out with Rob, you two managed to upset everyone. Everyone left. He is tone deaf! ?4b0\ -  
    Roy HA,o2jZ?In  
    His singing is not that bad! His mum says he's got a lovely voice! c]^P$F8U  
    Feifei >bW=oTFz  
    虽然 “tone deaf” 可以形容 “听不准音调,唱歌时五音不全的人”,但现在它更多地用来形容 “听不进去别人的声音,对他人的反馈充耳不闻的人”。 8<L{\$3HP|  
    Roy EOB8|:*  
    Ah, so you mean that fact that Rob said that he prefers cats during the annual dog welfare meeting. Yeah, that was a bit off. %66="1z0@  
    Feifei 27SHj9I  
    He always says the wrong things at the wrong time! He really is tone deaf. Let's listen to these examples. GL n M1  
    Examples Y ^+x<  
    People who say they've enjoyed lockdown can sound a bit tone deaf. So many people have lost their jobs. 0-Mzb{n5  
    We've all been working so hard – the boss seemed tone deaf when he rejected our pay rise. Jq/itsg  
    I can't believe Sarah said she doesn't believe in global warming to those activists. She's tone deaf. 11oNlgY&  
    Feifei tj13!Cc}e`  
    这里是 BBC英语教学的 “地道英语” 节目。我们正在介绍 “tone deaf” 这个表达的现代用法。它既可以描述一个人 “五音不全”,也可以形容某人 “听不进去他人的声音,对他人的感受、反馈或状况不敏感,充耳不闻”。 QEr<(wM-y  
    Roy JN wI{  
    Yes. It's an interesting development of the meaning. So, 'deaf' refers to someone who can't hear, while 'tone deaf' describes someone who can't hear different tones or sounds. GLf!i1Z  
    Feifei A*OqUq/H`;  
    Yes, that's right. And the new meaning is for someone who says the wrong thing at the wrong time – like Rob. H!IVbL`a{  
    Roy 'n'>+W:  
    Yes, it sometimes gets used to refer to authority figures who say something that seems to be out-of-touch with a certain situation. OijuOLt  
    Feifei TE Z%|5(]  
    That's right! And, Roy, please don't sing tonight. You really are tone deaf when it comes to singing. Your singing makes dogs bark. \;&;K'   
    Roy U`(=iyWP=  
    Yeah, maybe that's for the best. But then I think the dogs just want to be in the same band as me. I could create a new band called 'Roy and the Dogs'! b?}mQ!  
    Feifei zH]oAu=H  
    I can't believe you just said that! I just formed a band called 'Feifei and the Cats' – your comment was tone deaf. Bye, Roy. cfIC(d  
    Roy a3yNd  
    Bye! l2Sar1~1  
    评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
    描述
    快速回复