贡献值: 6 点
会员币: 0 个
好评度: 36 点
在线时间: 3502(时)
注册时间: 2020-05-01
最后登录: 2024-04-16
楼主 发表于: 2022-04-27  

First aiders trying to keep Shanghai going

First aiders from the Shanghai Medical Emergency Center move a patient to a trolley at a residential community under closed-loop management in Shanghai on April 20, 2022. [Photo by Zhu Xingxin/China Daily] |?;"B:0  
Even with addition of ambulances, emergency response stretched to limit \28b_,i+  
During Shanghai's ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, the 900 first aiders at the Shanghai Medical Emergency Center have been keeping 160 ambulances on the go, delivering emergency response services to patients while trying to keep themselves safe from infection. Since the end of March, the center has doubled the number of its ambulances, and although the workload has tripled, staff are under tremendous pressure and are still not able to meet everyone's needs. 2g ?Jb5)  
The center has 54 emergency substations scattered around downtown Shanghai, a ratio of almost one for every two streets. Their ambulances are used to take emergency patients to hospital or return them after treatment. "Because of strict anti-epidemic measures, the average rotation time for an ambulance crew is longer than usual," said Zou Jidong, a first aider with the emergency center. "The longest I have ever experienced is three hours." =FtM;(\  
Like many of his colleagues, Zou hasn't gone home for two weeks and only gets three or four hours of sleep a day. "Delivering emergency services is our responsibility," Zou said. "As a Shanghaier, I truly hope that the city can get back on its feet as soon as possible." F- !}dzO  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
描述
快速回复

谢谢,别忘了来看看都是谁回帖哦?
验证问题: