在线时间: 13542(时)
注册时间: 2010-01-02
最后登录: 2024-03-28
楼主 发表于: 2017-07-18  

双语:夏威夷或禁止行人过马路时看手机

WKek^TW4HE  
&?59{B. mD  
:(ni/,~Q  
  Most states have banned texting while driving. But what about texting while walking? TL'^@Y7X5  
  美国多数州都禁止在开车时发短信。那么边走边发短信呢? g$+ $@~  
  The Honolulu City Council passed a bill Wednesday that prohibits pedestrians from looking at their mobile devices while they cross the street. j6}/pe*;;T  
  夏威夷火奴鲁鲁市议会上周三通过了一项法案,禁止行人在过马路时看手机。 O!xul$9  
  A pedestrian making a 911 call is exempted. Emergency responders performing official duties won't face penalties either. |L wn<y  
  行人打911电话将不受此法案约束。执行公务的急救人员也将免受处罚。 ?> )(;Ir9  
  Otherwise, fines will range from $15 to $99, depending on how many times they flout the ban. u)J&3Ah%  
  除此以外的其他情况,将视行人违反禁令的次数,处以15美元到99美元的罚金。 GI']&{  
  支持者 VS 反对者 d|I?%LX0p  
  Brandon Elefante is the Honolulu city councilman who introduced Bill 6. He told CNN he got the idea from high school students. e*K1";  
  布兰登•埃莱凡特是引进第六号法案的火奴鲁鲁市议员。他告诉CNN说,他是从高中生那里得到这一灵感的。 l1 Nr5PT  
  "These high school groups were concerned for their peers being distracted while crossing the streets and looking at their phones instead of looking both ways," Elefante said. "The advancement of technology can sometimes be a distraction and cause people to not pay attention." ;tg9$P<85  
  “这些高中生团体为他们的同伴感到担心,他们走路总盯着手机,这让他们在过马路时分心,” 埃莱凡特说,“先进的技术有时候会让人分神,导致人们无法集中注意力。” 2z#gn9Wb  
  One of those who voted against it is Councilman Ernie Martin. His reason? Over-legislation. oy{ {d  
  投票反对这一法案的有议员欧尼•马丁。他的理由?过度立法。 (@X].oM^y  
  "Given the issues that Honolulu faces, such as homelessness and our rail project having a $3 billion deficit, there are more pressing matters that I'd prefer for us to focus on," Martin told CNN. "I've always been very careful not to introduce legislation for issues that could be addressed through other means." D[#6jJ Ab  
  “考虑到火奴鲁鲁市所面临的许多问题,比如无家可归、铁路工程的30亿美元赤字,我认为这些紧迫的事情更需要我们去关注。”马丁对CNN说,“对于那些可以通过其他途径解决的问题,我一直都很谨慎,尽量不提出法案。” 4b5'nu  
  The councilman said a public awareness campaign would be more effective. JlaT -j  
  该议员称,通过宣传活动提高公众意识应该会更有效。 ?9W2wqN>o  
  "Teenagers are most influenced by their peers," Martin told CNN. "A social media campaign would probably be more expansive than any legislation we pass." J7a_a>Y  
  “青少年大多是受到同伴的影响,”马丁告诉CNN说,“一场社交媒体活动很可能比我们通过的任何法案影响范围都更广。” rW),xfo0  
  是否执行取决于市长 oQ YmywY  
  The bill now heads to Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell. He has 10 business days to make his decision. But city spokesman Andrew Pereira said the mayor "has worked closely" with Elefante on the legislation. `0)'&HbLY  
  该法案目前已提交给火奴鲁鲁市长柯克•考德威尔。他有10个工作日的时间来做决定。不过该市发言人安德鲁•珀雷拉透露,市长曾和埃莱凡特就该法案“密切合作”。 |%\>+/j$  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
世界以痛吻我,要我回报以歌。
The world kissed me with the sadness,for singing by me in return.
描述
快速回复

谢谢,别忘了来看看都是谁回帖哦?
验证问题:
.刚刚被蚊子咬完时,涂上 _____ 就不会痒了 正确答案:肥皂
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交
上一个下一个