屈联西 发表于 2010-12-19 12:16:44

人人说外语:如何表达担心与忧虑

 来源:昂秀外语《人人说英语--从ABC到流畅口语》
  1. 想到面试我心慌极了。I’m really in a flap about the interview。

  A: I’m really in a flap about the interview. 想到面试我心慌极了。
  B: Take it easy. You’ve made enough preparations。
  别担心。你已经做了充分的准备了。
  2. 我感觉如坐针毡。I’m on tenterhooks。
  = I’m on pins and needles。
  ★ tenterhookn. [纺]拉幅钩 ● on tenterhooks“焦虑不安”
  3. 我愁得睡不着觉。Worrying kept me awake。
  A: Worrying kept me awake。
  我愁得睡不着觉。
  B: You’ll send yourself to an early grave。
  你这样会使自己折寿的。
  awake a. 醒着的 ★ grave [^reiv] n. 坟墓
  4. 你还好吗?Are you OK? A: Are you Ok?
  你还好吗?
  B: I’m just tired。
  我只是累了。
  5. 我心乱如麻。I’m a bundle of nerves。
  A: I’m a bundle of nerves。
  我心乱如麻。
  B: What happened?
  发生什么事了?
  a bundle of nerves“神经极度紧张的人”
  6. 我很担心我的健康。I’m worried sick about my health。
  A: I’m worried sick about my health。
  我很担心我的健康。
  B: Don’t worry. You will be fine。
  别担心。你会好的。
  7. 我担心你。I was worried about you. = I was concerned about you。
  8. 我觉得他的病情很令人担忧。I find his illness very worrying。
  A: I find his illness very worrying. 我觉得他的病情很令人担忧。
  B: He’ll be OK. 他会好起来的。
  9. 你怎么了?What’s the matter?
  = What’s wrong? Section
  Is there anything wrong? 有什么不对吗? 05
  10. 你有什么心事?What’s on your mind?
  = What’s eating you?
  = What are you worried about? ● on one's mind“使人担心,惦念”
  11. 你的所作所为让我很担心。I’m anxious about what you did. = What you did makes me anxious。
  12. 我深感忧虑。I’m seriously troubled. = I’m really concerned。
  13. 你为什么今天看起来这么疲惫?Why do you look so exhausted today?
  ○ You look worn-out. 你看起来很疲惫。
  ★ exhausted a. 精疲力竭的
  ★ worn-out a。精疲力竭的
  14. 发生什么事了?What happened?
  ○ What’s going on? 到底怎么回事?
  A: What happened?
  发生什么事了?
  B: Nothing。
  没什么事。
  15. 我真不知道该怎么办。I really don’t know what to do。
  A: If I can’t find the money, I really don’t know what to do。
  如果找不到这笔钱,我真不知道该怎么办。
  B: Don’t worry too much。
  别太着急。
  16. 我真的慌极了。I’m really in a flap。
  A: I’m really in a flap。
  我真的慌极了。
  B: Take it easy。
  放松点。
  ★ flap n. 骚动,不安
  17. 我再也受不了了。I can’t take it anymore。
  = I can’t bear it anymore。
  = I can’t deal with this anymore. ○ I’m mad at the world. 我快要发疯了。
  18. 我真不知道该如何是好。I really don’t know what I shall do。
  A: I lost a very important document. I really don’t know what I shall do。
  我丢了一份重要文件。我真不知道该如何是好。
  B: You’d better look for it carefully。
  你最好仔细找找。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 人人说外语:如何表达担心与忧虑