|
马上注册!
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册
×
One day John decided to quit…quit his job , his relation-ship , his spirituality…
有一天约翰决定要放弃......放弃工作,放弃人际关系,放弃精神信仰......
John wanted to quit his life . He went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
约翰想要放弃自己的生命。他走进树林,向上帝进行最后一次祷告。
“God” , John said . “Can you give me one good reason not to quit ?”
“上帝”,约翰说,“你可以说服我不要放弃吗?”
His answer surprised John .
上帝的回答让约翰感到吃惊。
“Look around “ , said God ,”Do you see the fern and the bamboo?”
“你看看四周”,上帝说道,“看到那些蕨树和竹子了吗?”
“Yes” , John replied .
“是的,看见了。”约翰回答道。
“When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took good care of them . I gave them l ight and
“我种下了蕨树和竹子,而且悉心照料。我给它们阳光和水分。
water . The fern quickly grew . Yet , nothing came from the bamboo seed . But I didnot quit on the
蕨树长得很快。竹子的种子却还没有发芽。但是我没有放弃对竹子的缌照料。
bamboo . In the second year the fern grew more vibrant and plentiful . And again , nothing came from the
到了第二年,蕨树长得更加枝繁叶茂。可是竹子还是没有发芽。
bamboo seed . But I did not quit on the bamboo .” He said .
但我仍然没有放弃竹子。”上帝说道。
“In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed . But I would not quit . In year four ,
“到了第三年,竹子还是没有发芽。但我还是没有放弃。到了第四年,
again , there was nothing from the bamboo seed . I would not quit .” He said.
竹子还是没有发芽。但我还是没有放弃。”上帝说道。
“Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly
“终于在第五个年头,一株小芽从土里钻了出来。跟蕨树对比,它看起来是那么的弱小和微不足道......
small and insignificant… But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall . It had spent
但仅仅6个月后,竹子就长到了100多英尺高。其实,它是花了
the five years growing roots .Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive . I would not give
5年的时间长根茎。那些根茎让竹子变得强壮,给予它生存下来所需要的一切。我所造之物
any of my creations a challenge it could not handle .”
是一定能克服我所设下的挑战的。”
“Did you know , John , that all this time you have been struggling , you have actually been growing
“知道吗,约翰?你这段时间以来的挣扎其实都是在让自己的根茎长得更加强壮。
roots ?I would not quit on the bamboo . I will never quit on you .”
我不会放弃我的竹子。同样,我也不会放弃你的。”
“Don’t compare yourself to others .” God said. “The bamboo had a different purpose than the
“不要拿自己跟别人相比。”上帝说道,“竹子和蕨树拥有不同的目标,
fern . Yet , they both make the forest beautiful .”
但两者都让森林变得更加美丽。”
“Your time will come ”,God said . “You will rise high .”
“你成功的日子会到来的”,上帝说,“你会成长得很高的。”
“How high should I rise ?” John asked .
“那我会长到多高呢?”约翰问道。
“How high will the bamboo rise ?” He asked in return .
“竹子能长到多高呢?”上帝反问约翰。
“As high as it can ?” John questioned .
“能长多高就长多高吗?”约翰问道。
“Yes . “ God said , “Use the gifts I gave you by rising as high as you can . Do not regret one day in your life .
“没错,”上帝说道。“用上我赋予你的才干,能长多高就长多高吧。不要有后悔的一天。
Good days give you happiness ; bad days give you experiences ; both are essential to life.”
快乐的日子让你幸福;倒霉的日子让你收获经验;两者都是生活中不可或缺的。”
|
|