返回列表 发布新帖
查看: 612|回复: 1

20个为你加分的英文习语.双语

发表于 2016-11-19 21:17:25 | 查看全部 |阅读模式

马上注册!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

×
1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。


  You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!


  你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!


  2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。


  Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.


  如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!


  3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。


  I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.


  不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。


  4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。


  Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!


  我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!


  5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。


  In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.


  在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。


  6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。


  It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.


  显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。


  7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。


  I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!


  我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!


  8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。


  Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.


  杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。


  9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。


  Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.


  振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。


  10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。


  She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.


  她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。


  11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。


  Don't tell me whether you'll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.


  今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。


  12.Snug as a bug in a rug:温暖舒适的;满足的。


  That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.


  那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。


  13. Step up your game: 迎头赶上。


  Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!


  听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!


  14.Stick your nose into something: 干涉。


  Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.


  莎伦经常干涉别人的事。


  15.Straight from the horse's mouth: 来自最可靠的消息。


  Listen to the news straight from the horse's mouth; we're all getting bonuses this week!


  据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!


  16.Take it easy: 放松。


  I know you're not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.


  我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。


  17.Tip of the iceberg: 一个较大问题的显而易见的一小部分;冰山一角。


  The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she's also smuggling contraband into the country.


  卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。


  18.To not see the wood for the trees: 一叶障目;只看到细节而未注意到最重要的事实。


  She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.


  她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。


  19.Up a creek without a paddle:处于困境之中。


  If you don't have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you're up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.


  如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。


  20.You rock!: 你真棒!


  Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.


  兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。


  (来源:沪江英语)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-11-27 22:13:41 | 查看全部
限 200 字节
谢谢,别忘了来看看都是谁回帖哦?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关注公众号
QQ会员群

Copyright © 2021-2025 中企互动平台 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

相关侵权、举报、投诉及建议等,请发 E-mail:bztdxxl@vip.sina.com

Powered by Discuz! X3.5|京ICP备10020731号-1|京公网安备 11010102001080号

关灯 在本版发帖
扫一扫添加管理员微信
返回顶部
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表