好评度: 36 点
在线时间: 3520(时)
注册时间: 2020-05-01
最后登录: 2024-04-26
楼主 发表于: 2021-10-28  

something

内容简介 65]>6D43  
(}B3df  
你有没有买过一样新东西,却发现 “和之前的那个相比差远了”,或者认为某个事物 “远不如另一样好”?本期 “地道英语” 教你用表达 “not a patch on something” 来描述这种情况。听两位主持人的对话,看看佳莹的新牛仔裤与这个表达有什么关系。 E)>.2{]C>  
文字稿 okm }%#|  
(关于台词的备注: 请注意这不是广播节目的逐字稿件。本文稿可能没有体现录制、编辑过程中对节目做出的改变。) O}s Mqh  
Jiaying P*6h $T  
大家好,欢迎来到 BBC英语教学的 “地道英语” 节目,我是佳莹。 Hnft1   
Neil VEsIhjQ  
… and hello. I’m Neil. Are those new jeans, Jiaying? 6+ UTEw;  
Jiaying Fv_B(a  
Yes, they are! Do you like them? I’m not so sure about them… They’re not a patch on my old ones. !}lCwV  
Neil )B*D\9\Z  
Well, I was going to say – you probably do need some patches. They’re covered in holes! MoZ8A6e?B  
Jiaying QJ\+u  
The holes are supposed to be there, Neil. It’s fashionable to have holes in your jeans these days. qt{lZ_$  
Neil iWGn4p'  
Ah, right. So, why are you talking about patches? o[^nmHrM2  
Jiaying ~Vt?'v20@  
我是在为这期节目介绍一个英语表达。如果我们说,某样东西 “isn’t a patch on something”,意思就是前面提到的那样东西远远不如后者好。 :%[mc-6.  
Neil /6 y9 u}  
I see. So it’s not connected to the word ‘patch’, which means a textile cover for something which is damaged? F:7 d}Jx  
Jiaying '2z1$zst,#  
没错!我是说我的旧牛仔裤比这条新的要好得多。Let’s hear some examples of this expression in action. ^V}c8 P|  
Examples ]A=yj@o$xN  
My new phone isn’t a patch on the old one. The camera is rubbish. 8/vGA=  
I know some people disagree, but for me the Olympics isn’t a patch on the World Cup. Football is way more exciting! *Z8qd{.$q  
My holiday at home wasn’t a patch on a trip abroad. Overseas travel is so much more fun. :X*$U ~aQ  
Jiaying rSa=NpFxLu  
你正在收听的是 BBC英语教学的 “地道英语” 节目。我们正在介绍表达 “not a patch on something”,意思是 “一样东西远没有另一样好”。Neil,你拿着那把刀干什么? FW"n+7T  
Neil Nn#;Kjul.  
I’m just cutting some holes in my jeans – you know, to be more fashionable, like you! <EKTFHJ!  
Jiaying U3**x5F_  
That looks terrible – and if you’re not careful you’re going to cut yourself! v? Zo5uVoq  
Neil mWUkkR(/  
You’re right, Jiaying. These types of holes in jeans are really not fashionable, are they? prEI9/d"  
Jiaying ;,lFocGv  
No. In this case, I think you really do need some patches. Y{d-k1?s5  
Neil J ?0P{{  
Bye. tdsfCvF= a  
Jiaying ?zuKVi? I  
Bye! sTS/ ]"l  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒